At JTM Construction, the Estimator is responsible for the development of construction project estimates by capturing, calculating, and compiling data to present comprehensive project cost information to our clients and teams.
Excellent communication skills are necessary as Estimators interact with teammates, clients, design professionals, and trade partners at all levels in an ever-changing environment. The ability to be flexible, inventive, efficient, and precise with high integrity and confidentiality is vital for individual and company success. Management, planning, and organization skills are key traits. Depending on the project’s needs, this position requires travel in the greater Seattle area.
- Review project plans and specifications in detail and provide pricing and quantities in industry-standard estimate formats.
- Complete construction estimates, including detailed construction estimates, clarifications, summaries, and variances.
- Coordinate with the Operations team to compile, review, and analyze self-perform general requirements materials, labor, equipment, data, environmental factors, and overall costs.
- Set up estimate work plan including kickoff, check-ins, and review for all major estimates.
- Manage the trade partner bid process, bid pricing, prepare cost analyses, and provide timely completion of estimates.
- Serve as a lead estimator on competitive bid projects, including review and management of scope, trade partners, and client bid requirements.
- Track estimates through Trend Logs, Budget Control Systems, or similar techniques between design
- Provide estimating support or trade-specific estimating on projects assigned to other Lead Estimators as needed. Coordinate scopes completeness.
- Use existing cost history and available market intelligence as a check to complete the estimate.
- Communicate with and develop relationships with clients, design teams, subcontractors, and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness
- Assess risk and ensure bids and estimates meet client requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the operations team to communicate deliverables and procurement schedules.
- Comply with and support JTM and jurisdictional safety requirements and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or closely related discipline and 3 to 5 years of construction experience or 5 to 8 years of experience in construction estimating with no degree.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents.
- Ability to quantify and price major construction components and compile them into standard estimate formats.
- Written Communication skills.
- Knowledge of estimating programs such as Onscreen, CostX, Building Connected, and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of local code construction methods and pricing.
- Introductory Scheduling knowledge.
- Strong computer skills; must be highly proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple estimates concurrently.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License with the Ability to Provide Proof of a Clean Driving Record.
- Able to Pass a Pre-employment Drug Screening.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.jtm-construction.com/about-us/careers/ and email your resume to Resumes@jtmconstruction.com.