Senior Project Engineer
At JTM Construction, the role of the Senior Project Engineer is to provide critical support to both the Project Manager and Superintendent on complex commercial construction projects. Senior Project Engineers are involved in all phases of the project from estimation through project closeout.
The Senior. Project Engineer must be able to work closely with others in a team environment. The individual must be professional and self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills, dependable, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Specifically, the Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Estimate all scopes of work for Conceptual through GMP Estimates using CostX, Bluebeam, Excel, and other estimating software.
- Manage project submittal and material delivery schedules utilizing Vista by Viewpoint, Procore, Building Connected.
- Review shop drawings and material submittals for conformance to the design documents utilizing the three-dimensional model in Revit, NavisWorks, and Revizto.
- Prepare and document accurate Meeting Minutes using Procore and Microsoft Teams.
- Update and maintain project record documents, specifications, and logs in Procore.
- Oversee the execution of project closeout ensuring that all contract requirements have been met, all project warranties have been provided, Revit three-dimensional model is complete and accurate, all punchlist items have been completed, and all cost auditing requirements have been met.
- Review and process subcontractor change orders verifying contractual entitlement, quantity take-offs are accurate, labor production rates are consistent with industry-standard or RS Means, and that hourly and unit pricing is consistent with the contract.
- Compile, submit, and negotiate owner change orders directly with the client.
- Compile and submit monthly payment applications utilizing GC Pay and Vista Field View Compiler on a timely basis. Ensure that all monthly auditing and consultant review comments are addressed prior to final submission.
- Assist in creating and updating project monthly forecasts utilizing Vista by Viewpoint, both analyzing costs to date, and projecting future labor and subcontractor risk exposures.
- Draft and review project technical RFI’s for submission to the Design Team utilizing Vista or Procore. Ensure that all RFI’s are correctly distributed to appropriate scope managers and subcontractors for incorporation into their work.
- Manage large subcontractor scopes of work from buyout through closeout. This includes but is not limited to earthwork, structural, exterior, electrical, mechanical, and elevator subcontractors.
- Oversee and manage Project Engineers and Project Interns. Must be able to train subordinates on all construction management tasks utilizing the proper software.
- Participate in overall project safety by ensuring that all subcontractor site-specific safety plans meet or exceed project safety requirements. Ability to participate in weekly jobsite safety audits utilizing Convergence.
- Contribute to and join a Company Committee with a focus on personal and company growth.
**The primary work location is the JTM Construction, Inc. office located at 800 Maynard Avenue South, Suite 101, Seattle, WA 98134, but the Senior Project Engineer will be required to work at a job site in the greater Seattle area for 2 months to 3 years, depending on the project. Once at a job site, may travel 2-3 times per month to JTM Construction office, but otherwise, no other travel involved. All job sites will be within commuting distance of the JTM Construction office in Seattle.**
Bachelor of Science degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or closely related field, plus 3 years of experience working as a Project Engineer for a Commercial General Contractor, including:
- 3 years of experience estimating all scopes of work through GMP Estimates using CostX, Bluebeam, Excel, or other estimating software;
- 3 years of experience managing Project submittal and material delivery schedules utilizing Microsoft Project, Vista by Viewpoint, Procore, Bluebeam, Excel, or Building Connected;
- 3 years of experience updating and maintaining Project record documents, specifications, and logs in Excel, Bluebeam, or Procore;
- 3 years of experience drafting and reviewing project technical RFI’s utilizing Vista, Procore, Word, Excel, or Bluebeam;
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and
- 3 years of experience with Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project Scheduling Software.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
Must have completed the 10-hour and the 30-hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Training Courses.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.jtm-construction.com/about-us/careers/ and email your resume to Resumes@jtmconstruction.com.