Superintendent SPG | Life Sciences
At JTM Construction, the role of the Superintendent is to manage the daily operations of the construction site, from planning projects to overseeing their completion. Tasks include scheduling work to proceed according to a strict timeline, conducting audits and checks to ensure that work corresponds with blueprints or client requests, and monitoring safety and compliance.
The Superintendent must be able to work closely with others in a team environment and has experience working in critical/clean and occupied environments. The individual must be professional and self-motivated with strong oral and written communication skills, dependable, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational and problem-solving skills. This position requires travel in the greater Seattle area, depending on the project’s needs.
- Directs Day-to-Day Coordination of all Major Construction Activities to Meet or Exceed Timelines.
- Create and Update Project Schedules in P6.
- Produce Daily Logs Encompassing Total Jobsite Manpower, Major Activities Performed On-site, Impacts to Progress and Cause, and Photo Documentation.
- Reviews and Ensures Subcontractors’ Daily Field Reports.
- Works with the Project Manager to Develop, Track, and Manage Self-performed Work Activities.
- Meet the Varying Safety and Compliance Regulations of Each Job Location in Inspecting Sites for Cleanliness and Safety as well as Coordinating Site Testing and Inspection Efforts.
- Enforce a Project Material Delivery Schedule.
- Manages the Employment and Termination for all JTM Working Tradespeople on-site.
- Works with JTM’s Safety Team to Establish a Unique Jobsite Specific Safety Plan that Addresses the Multiple Phases of the Project. And all Construction Activities to Ensure all Major Construction Activities are Compliant with JTM’s High-Risk Exposure Operations Safety Policy.
- Establish Multi-phased Site Logistic Plans, Weather Protection Plans, and Temporary Heat and Air Movement Plans.
- Actively Participates in RFP Responses in Creating Preliminary Site Logistic Plans and Schedules, and Maintaining Relationships with Existing, Previous, and Future Clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture OR Combination of Equivalent Experience.
- Minimum of Ten (10) Years of Experience Working for a Commercial General Contractor.
- General Knowledge of all Scopes of Work Associated with Ground-up Commercial Construction.
- Ability to Work with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications.
- Creativity and the Ability to Innovate
- Knowledge of P6, Vista, Autodesk, PlanGrid, and BlueBeam Preferred.
- Positive Attitude and Willingness to Learn.
- Leadership Skills with a Willingness to Lead by Example
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License with Ability to Provide Proof of a Clean Driving Record.
- Able to Pass a Pre-employment Drug Screening and a Criminal Background Check.